The indoor air quality of your home is constantly impacted by things like:
- Painting or renovation projects
- Seasonal changes
- Dirty air conditioner and furnace filters
All of which can:
- Make your skin itch
- Trigger allergies
- Be a pain to get rid of
One way to help keep the air in your Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo or Cambridge pure is to use an air purification system from Guelph ClimateCare.
Another way? Common houseplants which can double as natural air purifiers.
Just visit your local flower shop, find the right plants for your home, and plant them accordingly.
1. English Ivy
Ideal for smaller homes, English Ivy is a climbing plant that doesn’t need much room to grow. Also does well in rooms with few windows and little (or even no) sunlight.
- Ideal for: Absorbing formaldehyde (a common pollutant found in floorboard resins and some carpet colouring dye products).
2. Garden Mum
An easy-to-find, easy-to-care for, and powerful air filtration plant that can be brought outdoors once it’s cleaned the air inside your home.
- Ideal for: Just about anything you can think of, including:
3. Peace Lily
With a name like peace lily, you just know it’s going to be clean and pure.
It’s small, grows easily and is ideal for areas with low lighting.
- Ideal for: Painting projects. Peace lilies can remove benzene from the air (found in paint, furniture wax and polishing products). They can also get rid of acetone too.
4. Aloe Vera
You don’t need to be a green thumb to care for an aloe plants.
Inside its leaves, you’ll find a clear liquid substance that’s full of vitamins and other naturally good-for-you (and your home) elements.
- Ideal for: Any room that has formaldehyde in it should also have an aloe plant.
5. Snake Plant/Mother-in-Law’s Tongue
This tough sounding plant does well in rooms with little light. Something to remember is that it does need to be watered on a regular basis.
- Ideal for: Snake plant is a great multitasker as it:
- Lowers carbon dioxide levels
- Boosts oxygen levels
- Gets rid of formaldehyde and benzene
Let us clean and purify the air in your home
Clean air is so important to us, it’s in our name: Guelph ClimateCare.
With fresh, healthy air, your home will look better and your family will feel better.
And now that spring is almost here, it’s a perfect time to rid your home of any pollutants it may have accumulated over the tough winter.
Contact us now with your questions or comments about out indoor air quality products. We’ll get back to you ASAP with the information you need.